On March 8th we held our the King’s College India 2018 Sports Day and it was a truly enjoyable Day. It was lovely to witness a whole school event with EYFS having their very own event in the Central Plaza with Standards 4-9 and later 1-3 running their events on the sports field. Parents who could attend also got very involved and this gave it a real school community feel to the day. It was especially nice to have the Mothers race which coincidentally took place on the same day as International Women’s Day. There are many benefits to having a school sports day and these include:
- Physical health and development (Increase stamina, strengthen bones, maintain healthy weight, motor skills, coordination, release excess energy!)
- Emotional well-being, (Less selfish, develop a sense of achievement and self-esteem)
- Respect (for others and self)
- Social Skills such as learning to lose (and win), (relieve stress and anxiety, patience)
- Develops dedication
- Apart from the benefits listed above, there is very strong research emerging proving a significant correlation between exercise and cognitive ability (Intelligence).